Here’s an opportunity to give advice to support youth in low-income communities, such as students who plan to become the first in their family to attend college, or students who are first generation immigrants. Working in communities traditionally lacking the most access, CareerVillage uses the power of their website to enable the most underserved youth to find new pathways.
More than 15,000 volunteers have shared their experiences. Once you sign in, you can customize your profile to identify the types of questions you would like to answer. You can then answer just the questions relevant to your background or expertise.
Here are a few examples of questions being asked:
* How can I make myself look like the best candidate for a scholarship?
* What qualities and skills do startups look for in a new hire?
* From a singers point of view, what’s life like?
* Are there any resume items which would make my college application really stand out?
* What can I do now to get involved with screenplay and directing?
* How long did it take you to get to where you are today?
Sign up to volunteer here: https://www.careervillage.org/signup/professional