The vast majority of people, in America and around the world, love pizza and eat it on a regular basis. This holiday is always held on February 9, according to Holiday Insights.
Some interesting trivia on the ever popular pizza:
- Pepperoni is the most popular, preferred by 36% of people.
- Over 3 Billion pizzas are sold in the U.S. each year.
- More pizzas are sold on Super Bowl Sunday, than any other day of the year.
- Halloween is the second most popular day for eating pizzas.
- Over 17% of restaurants serve pizza.
- The first pizza was sold in Naples, Italy in 1738.
- Americans consume over 23 pounds of pizza per year.
And if you really want to practice scattering kindness today, you could order some pizza for a local shelter.